Tired of documents duplicated in a mess on network drives? Would you like to be able to keep track of document version history and updates? To be able to finally work calmly with several people on shared documents? And above all, better control their visibility and who has access to it?
Switch to efficient and intuitive electronic document management with the Jalios Explorer module.
View in card format
What does this module offer?
The Explorer module is a solution for classifying and navigating your documents or publications. You can create a tree structure as in the file explorer on your computer.
The explorer can be:
- Contextualized in a collaborative space: publications will then only be accessible by default by members of the space. Often practical to set up the GED of a project or a documentary space.
- Global: as a dematerialization EDM accessible from the menu in a portal. Rights management is often used in this case to restrict access.
Key features and functions
- Create a hierarchical and multiple filing plan to organize documents
- Find documents with navigation or via search in the explorer
- Unify documents in GED
- Apply documents in bulk by drag/drop or document archive decompression
- Copy, delete or move content
- Upload a document, folder or selection into an archive
- Add a document from a template
- Add remote documents (stored on another system)
- Quickly view a document
Personalization for the user
Several customizations are available to the user. He can:
- Choose a display mode in the form of maps or lists
- Filter by author, start/end date, content types, document types
- Change the sort criterion
This customization is reserved for a functional administrator. He can:
- Choose the type of content to display in the explorer, possibly with criteria
- Choose a browser display template from those available
- Customize navigation and refinement options
- Customize the display options: list of available views, default view, columns,...
- Customize sorting, pagination,...
What our customers like
The integrated user experience
The user can perform actions on the document without leaving the explorer:
- Each publication or document can be displayed in a side preview panel: document viewer, action buttons (download, upload a new version, online editing).
- The user can recommend the document, add a comment, change rights, etc. without leaving the browser.
- It can make a multi-selection of elements, actions on this selection or in the explorer.
Preview side panel
Simplicity and customization
The Jalios explorer is not a fixed component, it combines simplicity and customization. Some examples:
- The types of content and parameters displayed can be configured. HR may have an explorer that only displays HR documents.
- The action menu allows you to create content and upload documents.
- A contextual menu is accessible simply on the elements (content) with the right click of the mouse.
- The contents can appear in several places in the tree structure. They are not duplicated.
The different possible uses
The Jalios explorer allows you to organize any type of content, i.e. it is not exclusively dedicated to documents.
- The explorer can be customized to make a media or video library
- It can also be used to classify and organize wiki sheets of technical documentation
- It can also be used to organize a mix of several types of content at the same time.
Discover all the modules on Community