The SEO module is based on the major algorithmic trends and principles of search engines in order to meet their SEO requirements:
- Page loading times
- Use and optimization of descriptive tags
- Semantic page hierarchy
- Simplification of urls
- Use of relevant keywords and expersions
- Editing the robots.txt file: this module makes it easy to edit the file directly in the application's back office, without having to connect to the server. This allows you, for example, to indicate the path to the SiteMap file, or give instructions to search engine robots.
- URL rewriting and structure: the module rewrites URLs, removing certain technical and useless information for the user, to make them more readable (the Jalios ID is retained). The module also rewrites URLs on which portlets redirect to target URLs. This produces a definitive redirection, without using URLs 301 or 302, which are less appreciated by search engines.
- Change URL prefix: the default prefix "jcms" can be changed to another value (however, this value cannot be empty, as this would make the site inaccessible).
- Optimization of loading times: loading time is the time the visitor has to wait until the page is completely displayed; ideally 3 seconds or less. The module enables you to load miniaturized images to improve this time, by providing different sources for "lazy loading" images. It also indicates which pages of the site contain images that are too heavy, which could have an impact on this time. The templates used sometimes need to be perfected. This feature requires installation of the SmartMedia Module to optimize image size. It is not available if the module has not been installed.
- JSON-LD tag management: JSON-LD tags enable structured data to be integrated into a website, so that search engines can easily highlight data such as location, telephone number, image, etc.... The module therefore offers the possibility of adding microdata in this format. The data transmitted is standardized according to https://schema.org/docs/full.html.
- META tag management: META tags provide the description of a page, in which keywords can be added. The module offers re-editing of standard JPlatform META tags, so as not to exceed a maximum number of characters for publications and categories.
- Open Graph data management: this data is used to optimize the content of a page so that it can be shared on the main social networks. This module adds Open Graph microdata, standardized according to https://ogp.me/#types. The module also allows you to deactivate the sharing of this microdata, thereby suppressing Jalios' native Open Graph information.
Add additional metadata: the module offers the option of adding additional metadata. This metadata is then inserted into the <head> tag, which usually contains general information about the site. It can also be used to customize content data (title and description) for search engines, in order to transmit key terms useful for referencing each content item.
- Customization options
- URI format customization tool
- Use of complementary, recognized microdata (Open Graph, JSON-LD)